***CLEAR BROWSER CACHE***
If you have an issue with round circles displaying all over the forum, it will clear up once you clear out your browser cache.

The Succinct Argument for The Rock of Jesus Christ

***Please Read***
An open discussion forum for those who have assented to the covenant offered through Denver Snuffer to write and / or adopt by mutual agreement a statement of principles as a guide and standard.
log

The Succinct Argument for The Rock of Jesus Christ

Post by log » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:17 pm

• We have nothing to say to those who have taken the Holy Ghost for their guide; they have no need for any mortal to teach them.
  • Therefore the written guide and standard is only for those who have not yet received the Holy Ghost.
  • The only thing we have to offer them that is of any benefit to them is how to receive the Holy Ghost, which is the channel by which the Lord informs men of his work, and is the means by which the Lord leads men unto salvation, the greatest of blessings.
  • The way to receive the Holy Ghost is to repent, and become as a little child, and be baptized in the name of Christ by one of his sent servants.
  • Believing the Sermon as literally as a little child would understand the words therein is to become as a little child.
  • Doing always the works commanded in the Sermon while trusting the Lord above all defines repentance.
  • For me to teach more than these things to those who have not received the Holy Ghost, without a direct commandment from God to me, is to usurp the role of the Holy Ghost - deciding myself what others should know or do, becoming their guide, bringing them to trust in me - and would curse, harm, and misinform, and does not fulfill the Lord's requirements.
  • For me to teach less than these things will not enable men to receive the Holy Ghost and will not bless, benefit, nor inform those who know nothing of the Lord's work, and does not fulfill the Lord's requirements.
Last edited by log on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rmoore757

Re: The Succinct Argument for The Rock of Jesus Christ

Post by rmoore757 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:32 pm

Jared,

Just as the liberated Israelites desired Idols to worship rather than ascend the mount, we liberated LDS want a comprehensive list of "standards" to monitor spiritual progress. We are not willing to entirely let go of performance measuring programs, still believing part of our salvation is earned.

I am convinced "The Rock of Jesus Christ" is best and accept it as my Guide and Standard.

Sincerely,

Roy Moore